Magento is an ecommerce platform built on open source technology which provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store. Magento offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.
CommonPlaces uses the community-based Magento product for our ecommerce clients. Magento's ability to scale allows shops with only a few products and simple needs to easily expand to tens of thousands of products and complex custom behavior without changing platforms. It offers a variety of plug-ins and themes which can easily enhance a customer's experience. There are a lot of aspects to the online store which need to be configured, and how well that is accomplished is often dependent on business acumen. When it comes to custom functionality, however, that is where more complex programming is required.
Benefits of using Magento
- Easy to install and add additional layouts and plug-ins
- Open source technology that offers flexible, scalable ecommerce solutions
- Effective and cost sensitive program
- Allows for various discounts and promotions during check-out
- Provides more than 50 payment gateways